McCormick Systems, Inc. provides estimating software for the Electrical, Automated Building Systems, Plumbing and Mechanical industry. We are currently in our 36th year of business. We pride ourselves on prompt, courteous, and solution providing customer service and technical support. We are a family owned and operated company.
- Update and maintain Mechanical / Plumbing Database of items, prices, labor units and assemblies
- Teach industry knowledge and product training classes
- Assist customers with product implementation and initial start up
- Provide customers with industry best practices and effective use of McCormick product line for the Mechanical and Plumbing Industry
- Interact with Customers via phone as well as in person for classes, seminars and provide technical expertise.
- Will need to attend events as directed.
Skills / Experience / Physical Requirements
- Candidates must have excellent customer service skills.
- Looking for an aggressive, career focused, goal oriented person
- Have a desire to teach and assist others and a passion to better the industry
- Must be computer literate; Microsoft Office, experience using contact management and estimating software is a plus.
- Previous Estimating and/or Project Management experience is required.
- A high level of motivation and “can do” nature.
- Able to communicate and motivate in a classroom setting and maintain control of a class to ensure a strong learning environment for all attendees.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Self motivated individual that can actively promote a “team” attitude.
- Possess trade specific knowledge in Mechanical and Plumbing contracting industry.
- Industry knowledge of the Electrical Contracting trade is a plus!
- Understanding and knowledge of estimating in these industries
- Candidate must possess above average and effective communication skills – via phone and in person, problem solving abilities, be able to respond to questions, and be able to assess situations in a timely manner.
- Know when to handle a problem and / or when to escalate the problem
The candidate will be paid an industry leading salary. Resumes will not be considered without salary history.
Candidate may be required to travel throughout North America to conduct training classes, on-site product implementation, trade shows and / or any other necessary events.
Company offers a health plan, dental plan, SIMPLE 401k plan with company match, and other benefits available to all employees.
Company offers 10 days of vacation after 1 year of employment. After two years – 11 days, after 3 years – 12 days, after 4 years – 13 days and so on up to a maximum of 4 weeks vacation.
Company offers 5 personal days after 90 days of employment. At each anniversary date, you receive 5 personal days to be used each year.
Reimbursement for job related travel / business expenses
Position is full time – Monday – Friday hours are 6am – 3pm
Great work environment
Office is business casual
Family owned and operated
Employment will be located in our office in Chandler, AZ
As a Mechanical Estimator or Project Manager, you will occasionally be called upon to perform other duties not included in this job description.
If you feel that you meet or exceed these qualifications and would like to join our winning team, please feel free to email a resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will not be considered without salary history.